There’s something about London that I absolutely love. I mean there has to be a reason why so many people love it and it’s certainly got nothing to do with the weather.. It’s a city with so much to offer and certainly left me wanting more. I’ve recently been thinking about travelling again and it’s safe so say that a re visit to London will definitely be on the cards. I thought I’d write about a few of my tips and must do and see places when exploring London..
- Take a Big Bus London Tour: This is a hop on hop off type tour bus where you can see the sights of London and hop on and hop off whenever you like (funny that). This was the best way to see everything that London had to offer before deciding exactly what we wanted to do and where we wanted to go. You have the option to listen to a commentary through earphones explaining the history of each landmark you pass, or you can just simply just sit back and take it all in.
- Go on the London Eye: Even if your afraid of heights, this is something you just have to do. The view is like no other and I guarantee you, you won’t regret it. Yes, it’s very high, I’m not going to say it’s not, but I highly recommend facing your fears for 2o minutes to experience something so incredible.
- Take a walk down Oxford Street: Oxford Street is one of the most iconic streets in the world and rightly so, it’s beautiful!! It’s home to some of London’s best shops and and even if shopping isn’t your thing, just walking down this street and taking in the beautiful buildings and hustle bustle of the centre of London is a must do!!
4. Walk through Hyde Park: It goes without saying, this is a truly stunning park and it’s absolutely massive!! Being Australian, the squirrels were quite an eye opener.. They certainly aren’t scared of anyone!! There are many beautiful lakes and places to sit ponder life or have a picnic at so I highly recommend you do.
5. Say hey to The Queen: It’s a no brainer to go and say Hi to the Queen, well to her guards at least, and check out her house!! That would be Buckingham Palace.. It’s pretty insane when you get up close and what’s even more insane are the guards. It felt really surreal to see the iconic outfits in person and it’s true, they really don’t move, in fact I don’t even think I saw one blink..
6. Go wild in Hamleys: I don’t care how old you are when your visiting London, you absolutely must go to Hamleys. It’s a seven story toy shop for crying out loud!! It’s everyones inner child screaming at them to go in, and I’m telling you what, it will truely blow your mind. Different floors are dedicated to types of toys which helps you locate things a lot easier thank god. We certainly didn’t walk out empty handed.. Dad purchased a remote control helicopter and I got a Justin Bieber barbie doll.. Guillttyyyyyyyy (I was 13 okay).